I am starting a new series on this blog called, you guessed it, “What I use”.
Over the Christmas holidays of 2014/2015, I switched my blog from WordPress to the static site generator Pelican. I did this mostly because static site generators was the new hotness among geeks, the geek factor was high, and I wanted to try something new.
It has been about six months with theDrobo‘s and here is my Drobo update as I promised in my blog post I Replaced My FreeNAS Server With A Drobo where I also explain why I came to use Drobo.
I build my FreeNAS Server in 2008 with an Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330 Dual-Core motherboard and CPU and six 1TB WD green drives. This server has been running 24/7 since then without an issue.
I prefer to use Microsoft Word for most of my writing but I really like Markdown. I prefer Word because its spell and grammar checker is superior to every other word processor or text editor I have tried.
For a while now, I have been using the static site generator (Pelican) for my website/blog. There are pros and cons to both platforms and I have had a lot of trouble deciding which to use going forward.
I have been very focused on learning new coding skills and getting as much experience with programming as possible these past couple of years while studying Computer Science to make the chance of getting a job greater.
Back in August, I wrote this post where I explained why after trying to move my note-taking workflow to plain text with markdown syntax. Well, it did not happen. For me to go back to OneNote was simply not possible and here is why.
The Dell Venue 8 Pro is an 8-inch tablet running Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro. The “Pro” version of Windows indicates that it is the full version of Windows capable of running modern apps as well as normal Windows programs. How useful it is to run legacy applications on an 8-inch screen is questionable. However, the option is there and that is always nice.
Some weeks back I switched my note-taking and writing workflow to a plain text and Markdown-based system. The switch sent me on a workflow rollercoaster and it ended with a crash. Therefore, I have reset my workflow to where it last worked